Pro Circuit Kawasaki’s Adam Cianciarulo picked up his third Eastern Regional 250SX victory of the season at Ford Field on Saturday, stretching his points lead to 17 over teammate Martin Davalos.
The 17-year-old rookie moved into the lead when Davalos crashed on Lap 2 and managed to keep GEICO Honda’s Justin Bogle at bay to win in front of a record 50,856 fans.
Cianciarulo has yet to finish worse than second in his first five career Monster Energy Supercross races.
“This year has started off great,” said Cianciarulo. “This was a very nerve-racking race for me because if I made one mistake, I would have given the race away. Overall, it was a great race, but it is only the fifth stop of the season, and there is a lot of racing left.”
Bogle was second, marking the best finish of his career. Last week’s winner and Cianciarulo’s teammate Blake Baggett finished third followed by Kyle Cunningham and Matt Lemoine.
The series now heads north of the border where riders will do battle at Toronto’s Rogers Centre.
Eastern Regional 250SX Class Results
1. Adam Cianciarulo, Port Orange, Fla., Kawasaki
2. Justin Bogle, Cushing, Okla., Honda
3. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., Kawasaki
4. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Honda
5. Matthew Lemoine, Pilot Point, Texas, Kawasaki
6. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Kawasaki
7. Vince Friese, Cape Giardeau, Mo., Honda
8. Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Yamaha
9. Alex Martin, Millville, Minn., Yamaha
10. James Decostis, Peabody, Mass., Honda