James Stewart enters this weekend’s Monster Energy SuperCross race riding a wave of three consecutive victories. However, he is still 36 points back of Ryan Villopoto, who has won at the NRG Stadium in Houston the last two years running.
James Stewart may have stole the headlines in St. Louis with his 50th career victory, but there were plenty of other great stories throughout the field.
Trey Canard has been out all season due to an injury suffered while practicing November last year. However, his top five finish at St. Louis showed us that he is still on form. Canard has proven in the past that he has what it takes to win in Houston, getting his first 450SX win here in 2011.
After a seven-race break, the action in the Western Regional 250SX Class also returns to Houston with Rockstar Energy Racing’s Jason Anderson holding down a four-point lead over Troy Lee Designs/Honda’s Cole Seely.
Fox Sports 1 will air the Houston race LIVE at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday April 5, 2014. Replays will be broadcast on Fox Sports 2 at 8:00 p.m. ET Sunday and 6:00 a.m. ET Monday. The authenticated Fox Sports Go app will air each race at the same time it airs during the broadcasts.
450SX Class Season Standings
- Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 268
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM, 233
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Suzuki, 232
- Ken Roczen, Murrieta, Calif., KTM, 215
- Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C., Yamaha, 196
- Justin Barcia, Pinetta, Fla., Honda, 176
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM, 166
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Suzuki, 126
- Wil Hahn, Menifee, Calif., Honda, 122
- Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Kawasaki, 111
250SX Class Season Standings
- Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., KTM, 131
- Cole Seely, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda, 127
- Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Kawasaki, 107
- Dean Wilson, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Kawasaki, 98
- Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha, 92
- Malcolm Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Honda, 89
- Jessy Nelson, Paso Robles, Calif., Honda, 76
- Shane McElrath, Chesterfield, S.C., Honda, 71
- Zach Osborne, Chesterfield, S.C., Honda, 69
- Dean Ferris, Murrieta, Calif., KTM, 63