The 28-year-old Belgian will be teammates with IndyCar driver Mike Conway for the 10 races that will make up the 2014-2015 season.
“It is with great excitement that I will be at the wheel of the Dragon Racing entry in this historic first season of the FIA Formula E Championship,” d’Ambrosio told FIAFormulaE.com. “I have watched the Dragon Racing organization closely over the last few months and feel that together we can achieve great results during this first season.”
The former F1 driver competed in all four days of the Formula E test at Donington Park, placing as high as second (while testing for China Racing) on day three.
17 of the 20 drivers have now been confirmed for the inaugural FIA Formula E season, with just the two rides at China Racing and one ride at Andretti Autosport left remaining:
- Amlin Aguri: Katherine Legge and Antonio Felix da Costa
- Andretti Autosport: Franck Montagny
- Audi Sport ABT: Daniel Abt and Lucas di Grassi
- Dragon Racing: Mike Conway and Jerome d’Ambrosio
- e.dams Renault: Sebastien Buemi and Nicolas Prost
- Mahindra Racing: Karun Chandhok and Bruno Senna
- TrulliGP: Jarno Trulli and Michela Cerruti
- Venturi: Nick Heidfeld and Stephane Sarrazin
- Virgin Racing: Jaime Alguersuari and Sam Bird
FOX Sports 1 will have LIVE exclusive coverage of all ten races during the inaugural FIA Formula E series beginning at Beijing on September 13.
Click HERE to learn more about Formula E.Dragon Racing, Formula E, Jerome d'Ambrosio