Sebastien Buemi was the fastest driver again on Thursday at Donington Park, as the FIA Formula E series concluded its fourth out of five days of testing, with the Swiss setting the pace in three of them.
“Today has been a very good day,” Buemi told FIAFormulaE.com. “This morning we concentrated on race pace working on putting in lots of laps and finding the best balance with the temperatures of the tires and battery.
“We continued to focus on race pace in the afternoon, as well as qualifying runs. Credit again has to go to the team for giving me such a good car and the confidence to push and we’ll now see how we can improve for the next one.”
Keeping Buemi honest throughout most of the test sessions has been the aforementioned Brazilian driver Lucas di Grassi.
“We are making good progress every test and every time I get in the car,” di Grassi told FIAFormulaE.com. “We understand the car a little better but it’s difficult to do a lot of representative work in Donington compared to some of the circuits we will race on throughout the season.”
The entire 2014-2015 FIA Formula E season will be run on street circuits.
“The most important thing is to learn about the battery, the motor and tire pressures but not necessarily fine tuning setup at this track,” the Brazilian added.
FOX Sports 1 will have exclusive LIVE coverage of all 10 FIA Formula E events beginning in Beijing on September 13.
Click HERE to learn more about Formula E.
FIA Formula EDay 4test results – Donington Park (combined times):
- Sebastien Buemi (e.dams-Renault) – 1:31.083s
- Lucas di Grassi (Audi Sport ABT) – 1:31.282s
- Jerome d’Ambrosio (China Racing) – 1:31.651s
- Scott Speed (Andretti Autosport) – 1:31.810s
- Sam Bird (Virgin Racing) – 1:31.895s
- Daniel Abt (Audi Sport ABT) – 1:32.080s
- Nicolas Prost (e.dams-Renault) – 1:32.124s
- Nick Heidfeld (Venturi) – 1:32.126s
- Jarno Trulli (Trulli) – 1:32.479s
- Bruno Senna (Mahindra Racing) – 1:32.506s
- Franck Montagny (Andretti Autosport) – 1:32.512s
- Jaime Alguersuari (Virgin Racing) – 1:32.583s
- Karun Chandhok (Mahindra Racing) – 1:33.019s
- Oriol Servia (Dragon Racing) – 1:33.083s
- Juan Manuel Lopez (China Racing) – 1:33.425s
- Michela Cerruti (Trulli) – 1:33.544s
- Mike Conway (Dragon Racing) – 1:33.692s
- Katherine Legge (Amlin Aguri) – 1:33.778s
- Fabio Leimer (Amlin Aguri) – 1:38.988s