Oklahoma DB Colvin staying at school

The Oklahoma Sooners, who lost three players to early entry to the NFL Draft last week, got some good news Monday when cornerback Aaron Colvin decided to return for his senior year.

“I still have unfinished business at Oklahoma,” Colvin said. “I’m excited for the opportunity to be back on the field with my teammates in 2013. There are team and individual goals that I’d still like to accomplish at OU.”

Colvin was an All Big 12 first-team selection in 2012, leading the Sooners with 11 pass breakups and adding four interceptions. He was also third on the team with 61 tackles. Colvin has started 26 games in his three seasons at OU with 179 tackles.

“I am pleased that Aaron has come to this decision and I believe it’s the right one for him,” OU head coach Bob Stoops said. “I believe he has an opportunity to become one of the premier defensive players in the Big 12 and in the country. Hopefully he will continue to work hard to reach that potential and help us achieve our team’s goals.”

Last week OU wide receiver Kenny Stills, defensive back Tony Jefferson and linebacker Tom Wort opted to leave school early for the draft.