Fantasy Fox: Waiver-wire pitcher for May 29
MAY 29, 2013 11:16a ET
Here's my free-agent choice (citing most 12-team leagues) for one day of fantasy stardom:
Chris Tillman (vs. Nationals)
1. Of his last seven outings, spanning 44.2 innings, Tillman has the following tallies: Four wins, a 2.64 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 35/13 K-BB rate.
2. Within that span, Tillman is a perfect 7 for 7 in allowing three or less walks per start.
3. Tillman has been one of the Orioles' top pitching prospects for some time; and by all appearances, he's finally bringing everything together for a full campaign.
4. In the minors (2006-12), Tillman had an excellent K/9 rate of 8.9.
5. For what it's worth, Tillman has a 1.80 ERA in his only career outing against the Nationals.
The Next Five For Wednesday
1. Scott Feldman (Cubs) vs. White Sox — From April 11-May 18, spanning seven starts and 44.2 innings, Feldman had lights-out tallies of four wins, a 1.63 ERA and 1.08 WHIP.
2. Marco Estrada (Brewers) @ Twins — A feast-or-famine asset this year, Estrada has the capacity for double-digit strikeouts every time he takes the mound. Plus, he draws the Twins on this day.
3. John Lackey (Red Sox) @ Phillies — Toss out the May 14 clunker against the Rays ... and Lackey boasts a stellar ERA of 1.79 since April 6 (35.1 innings).
4. Eric Stults (Padres) vs. Mariners — Of his last five starts, the San Diego southpaw has allowed three runs or less four times. Plus, the Mariners are only averaging 3.65 runs per game.
5. Chris Capuano (Dodgers) @ Angels — This is a dicey choice for two reasons: The Angels bats are red-hot ... and Capuano has allowed five runs three times since April 16. A classic reputation pick.
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @FOX_JayClemons.
+ SHOW COMMENTS +