3. Eddie Lacy (1,435 total yards, 11 TDs) logged 17 or more touches 11 times last season — a superb number for a rookie back in a pass-first offense. Year 2 could yield a tiny bump in touchdowns.
4. Matt Forte (1,933 total yards) remains a no-brainer Round 1 pick for Points Per Reception leagues, but Arizona tailback Ka’Deem Carey (2,058 total yards, 20 TDs for 2013) will likely cut into the fantasy star’s overall chances. (Forte logged 363 touches in 2013.)
2. Knowshon Moreno (1,586 total yards, 13 TDs) would have garnered a higher post-draft ranking with any other NFL team. But the Dolphins are still a major work-in-progress along the offensive line — even with the high-round draft selections of Ju’Wuan James (Round 1) and Billy Turner (Round 3).
2. Let’s take the positive from Steven Jackson’s injury-plagued first year with the Falcons (734 total yards, seven TDs): In his final six games, Jackson logged 16 or more touches in each outing … and collected six total touchdowns in that span.
4. Titans tailback Bishop Sankey draws the highest ranking of any rookie playmaker — the dual result of his immense talent (LeSean McCoy clone) … and Tennessee needing a home-run, full-time back to take the place of the departed Chris Johnson (now with the Jets).