Fantasy: 10 Fun Facts To Ponder For Week 17
DEC 28, 2013 9:43p ET
Here are 10 whimsical factoids -- some positive, some negative -- to digest before the Sunday slate of Week 17 games:
1. Of his last eight healthy seasons (excluding 2011, of course), Peyton Manning has only participated in three 'meaningful' games for Week 17. Of those outings, he averaged 283 yards passing and 2.7 touchdowns.
Sidebar: With the Colts, Peyton passed for 95 yards in three straight regular-season finales (2007-08, 2010).
3. Steelers rookie Le'Veon Bell (1,163 total yards, seven TDs) has modestly tallied 85 total yards and/or one touchdown in seven of his last eight games.
The one clunker in the bunch: Bell collected only 80 total yards against the Dolphins in Week 14.
4. Panthers QB Cam Newton, who hasn't registered a three-TD outing in five games (gasp!), has a stellar track record against the Falcons, holding four-game averages of 297 total yards and 2.5 touchdowns.
5. It's been a quiet year for Redskins tailback Alfred Morris, relative to last season's rookie breakthrough (1,690 total yards, 13 TDs).
Of his last 11 games, though, Morris has notched 100 total yards and/or one touchdown nine times.
The Bills have averaged 166 team rushing yards in their last four games -- with three outings of 190-plus yards.
7. Redskins receiver Pierre Garcon (107 catches, 1,290 yards, five TDs) has collected double-digit targets in nine straight games -- easily the longest streak of the season, among wideouts.
9. It's impossible to predict how Aaron Rodgers will fare in Sunday's winner-take-all clash against the Bears -- based on his seven-week injury absence (broken collarbone) and hot-and-cold track record against a major rival.
Of his last six career starts at Chicago, Rodgers racked up 300 total yards and/or three touchdowns three times.
And last but not least ...
Of course, he finished with 299 in Baltimore's season-opening win over Cincy last year ... but hey, 300 is 300.
What's more, that outing from September 2012 represents Flacco's performance outlier against the Bengals: Of the 11 career starts, Flacco has passed for less than 200 yards eight times.
Jay Clemons can be reached, day or night, via Twitter at @FOX_JayClemons.