Fantasy: 20 Fun Facts To Ponder For Week 16
DEC 20, 2013 1:11p ET
Here are 20 whimsical factoids -- some positive, some negative -- to digest before the Sunday/Monday slate of Week 16 games:
And in case you're scoring at home, Charles has logged 10 touchdowns in his last four outings.
2. Vernon Davis has notched a touchdown in five straight games, without the benefit of catching six or more balls at any time.
Think about that for a second.
Speaking of finding the end zone, Davis caught five balls for 106 yards and one TD in his last encounter with the Falcons -- the NFC championship in January.
3. New England's Julian Edelman (19 targets last week) is on the oh-so-exclusive list of NFL wideouts to post three games of 100 yards receiving and double-digit targets in the last four weeks.
The other member of that club: Josh Gordon.
For good measure, Edelman also has four touchdowns in that span.
4. Dating back to last year, the remarkably consistent Matt Forte (1,722 total yards, nine TDs) has rolled for 95 total yards or one touchdown in 18 of his last 19 games.
8. Of his last nine outings, Bengals wideout A.J. Green (18 targets last week) has racked up double-digit targets or one touchdown eight times; and against NFC North foes this season, Green holds elite-level averages of 121 yards and 1.3 TDs.
For good measures, Shady has also racked up 100 total yards and/or one touchdown in six straight games.
10. For what it's worth, Matt Schaub has averaged 300 yards passing and 2.5 touchdowns in two career starts against the Broncos -- including last year's 290-yard, four-TD demolition in Denver, outdueling and defeating Peyton Manning (330 yards passing, two TDs).
Of his last six indoors games against NFC foes, Stafford has averaged 332 yards passing and 2.3 total touchdowns.
13. Josh Gordon draws an elite-level ranking for the week, a reward for absurdly amassing 841 yards receiving and six touchdowns in his last five games.
There is, however, one tiny concern against the Jets: Of his last eight games, Gordon has collected three or fewer receptions three times.
Here's a better stat: Of his last nine games, Mathews has amassed 92 total yards and/or one touchdown eight times.
Of Dallas's last seven games, the Cowboys defense has succumbed to staggering averages of 461 total yards per outing.
16. Jimmy Graham and Greg Olsen have both collected 44 targets in their last five games -- second-most among NFL tight ends since Week 11.
The leader during that span? Houston's Garrett Graham (47 targets), who's doubtful against Denver on Sunday.
17. Alshon Jeffery, who earns a higher ranking than Bears teammate Brandon Marshall against the Eagles' porous pass defense, already has five outings of double-digit targets and 100 yards receiving.
Plus, of his last three games, Jeffery (80 catches, 1,265 yards, seven TDs) has four touchdowns.
Of his last five outings, Smith holds rock-solid averages of 272 total yards. Plus, he racked up multiple touchdowns each time.
19. Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown has already posted 10 games of nine or more targets this year.
Boosting his fantasy stock ... Brown has notched six games of 100 yards receiving or one touchdown since Week 9; and in that span, he has seven total touchdowns.
And last but not least ...
20. The Titans have a seven-game scoring average of 26 points. What's more, running back Chris Johnson (1,188 total yards, nine TDs) is on the precipice of a sixth straight season of 1,400 total yards.
There is one word of caution, though: Johnson has been running hot and cold, citing alternating Sundays, over the last two months ... and this week, he's technically due for a so-so effort.
But I'm not worried.
Jay Clemons can be reached, day or night, via Twitter at @FOX_JayClemons.