Six head for Hartlepool exit

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger claims that his fitness
struggles over recent years have led him to consider
retirement.

The Denmark centre-half has endured wretched luck on the injury
front during his time at Anfield, taking in regular spells on the
sidelines.

He has, however, made more Premier League appearances this
season than in any of his previous seven on Merseyside.

The 28-year-old insists he is enjoying his football again and is
feeling ‘fine’.

Agger is, however, prepared to admit that he considered hanging
up his boots during the dark days on the treatment table.

He told Danish newspaper BT: “I do not have a long time
left.

“I have considered ending my career some times. I have had some
serious injuries, and at times I have considered retiring.

“But right now I am fine.”

The Scottish Football Association confirmed on Tuesday that
Pawlett had been issued with a notice of complaint.

The 22-year-old faces a two-match ban if he accepts the charge
or loses a potential challenge to the decision.

Israeli Benayoun revealed earlier on Tuesday that he was
subjected to abuse on the social media site, retweeting a message
which contained expletives and referred to him being Jewish, after
he had thanked his followers for their birthday greetings.

“Some nice people in the world,” said Benayoun in response.

It is now understood the London club have contacted the police
to investigate the matter further.

Last month Chelsea said they would investigate after Benayoun,
who is out of contract at the end of the season, said he was the
victim of anti-Semitic taunts from his own supporters when he came
on as a substitute against Liverpool.

Exiting Victoria Park along with Horwood are Nathan Buddle, Paul
Johnson, Nathan Luscombe, Adam McHugh and Colin Nish.

But the club, relegated from League One this season, have
exercised the option on the contracts to keep Neil Austin, Lewis
Hawkins and James Poole.

A statement on Hartlepool’s official website said: “The chairman
and everyone at the club would like to thank all of the players for
their services and commitment to the club and wish them all the
very best for the future.

“Discussions are continuing with other remaining first-team
players and more information will be made available in due
course.”