Rumours of Roman rift rejected

The Russia international has struggled for regular playing time

throughout his time in England, meaning speculation regarding his

future has never been far away.

Each passing transfer window has seen the 30-year-old linked

with a move away from White Hart Lane, with numerous clubs reported

to be in the running for his signature.

The latest round of rumours has suggested that Pavlyuchenko

could soon be on his way back to his homeland, with former

employers Spartak Moscow and their cross-city rivals Lokomotiv

Moscow both said to be keen.

The transfer flames were fanned over the weekend when it was

reported that the Spurs striker had been involved in an angry

exchange with assistant coach Kevin Bond.

It was expected that a transfer would be pushed through as soon

as possible, with both sides keen to part ways, but Pavlyuchenko’s

representative insists there is no truth in the rift rumours.

“All this about the conflict with the coach is rubbish,” Oleg

Artemov told RIA Novosti. “There was no conflict, the scenario was

entirely dreamt up.”

Artemov has, however, refused to rule out the possibility of

Pavlyuchenko making a move before the January transfer window slams

shut on Tuesday.

“We’re not rushing into any decisions,” he added. “We are in

negotiations with (Tottenham chairman, Daniel) Levy. Tonight

everything will be sorted out.”