Harry Redknapp will consider selecting Adel Taarabt for Saturday’s clash with Chelsea after burying the hatchet with the midfielder.
The QPR manager got involved in a public spat with Taarabt earlier this month, claiming the Moroccan was "three stone overweight" and not fit for first-team football.
Taarabt responded by posing topless in a newspaper interview and questioning Redknapp’s tactics, but the pair have now cleared the air, paving the way for a potential recall at Stamford Bridge this weekend.
"I had a great chat with Adel," Redknapp said. "He wants to get fit and back in the team. He’s worked very hard in training this week.
"Adel admitted he needs to get fitter and work harder and he’s told me he’s going to do that. That’s all I want. He will be training with us again this morning and as soon as he’s fit, I’m sure he’ll be a valuable player for us.
"Adel might be involved this weekend. I wouldn’t hesitate to put him in the squad. Let’s wait and see who’s available, but Adel’s the kind of player who could change the game for us, so let’s see."
Rio Ferdinand will miss the short trip across west London as he serves the first game of a three-match suspension for posting an offensive message on Twitter.
Redknapp would not comment on the specifics of the case, but said Ferdinand, who had lost his place in the Rangers team before the ban, is happy to fight for his place at the club.