Kaka intends to stay at Milan despite no European football

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has announced that he wants to remain at the Italian club next season despite the Rossoneri looking set to miss out on European football.

Kaka has been linked with Major League Soccer clubs.

Marco Luzzani / Getty Images

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has announced that he wants to remain at the Italian club next season despite the Rossoneri looking set to miss out on European football.

The Brazil international is under contract with Milan until June 2015 but has a clause included in his deal which gives him an option to terminate the agreement this summer after Milan's failure to qualify for next season's Champions League.

"My will is to remain here for another year," Kaka said to Italian TV station Rai 3."It's up to the club to decide what to do and what the project is.

"It has been a difficult year for everyone related to Milan, with so many problems, a coaching change and so many solutions left to find.

"But I believe that a time of crisis can indicate the right path to follow."

Kaka has been strongly linked with a move to Major League Soccer in recent months having only returned to the San Siro on a free transfer last summer after four years at Real Madrid.

The 32-year-old, who won a Serie A title and the Champions League in his first spell at Milan, has scored seven goals in 29 league appearances for the Rossoneri this season.

 

 

Milan are set to miss out on European football next season after Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Atalanta.

The outcome left the club two places and two points adrift of sixth-placed Torino, who hold the last continental qualifying spot heading into the final game of the campaign.

"We could have done better in Bergamo," Kaka admitted. "We have distanced ourselves from our last aim of the season which was the Europa League."

The loss at Atalanta was yet another disappointment for Kaka, who was left out of Brazil's World Cup squad last week.

"I am disappointed because it would have been my fourth and last World Cup," he said. "But I'm not saddened.

"I've done all I could.

"I believe (Brazil coach Luiz Felipe) Scolari has been coherent as I wasn't included in his previous list and my inclusion in the squad would have been a surprise.

"In any case, I never stopped believing until the end."

Download the new FOX Sports App to get the latest news and scores from your Soccer team.

Get The Fastest Soccer
Scores, News and Alerts
Soccer

Text yourself the FOX Sports App

-
-