Inter Milan deny interest in Barcelona's Brazil defender Alves
AUG 05, 2014 11:52a ET
Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausillo has denied reports linking the club with a move for Barcelona full-back Dani Alves.
The 31-year-old Brazilian, who joined from Sevilla in 2008, is into the final year of his contract at Camp Nou and has been heavily linked with an exit this summer.
Liverpool are reported to have shown an interest in Alves, while he has previously admitted that Paris Saint-Germain would be an appealing destination should he depart La Liga.
Inter are the latest club suggested to be in for Alves, but Ausillo insists that is not the case.
"Dani Alves is not in our plans," he told Sport Mediaset.
Alves' agent, Bibian Weggelaar, also confirmed that Inter had not been in touch regarding a move for the four-time Spanish title winner.
Asked if the Serie A giants had made a bid, Weggelaar told calciomercato.com: "You should ask Inter, because we have never had any contact with Inter.
"We don't know anything, there were no contacts and for us it is difficult to comment on these rumors."