Herrera omits Chicharito from Mexico squad due to club future
Aug 23, 2014 at 8:17a ET
Miguel Herrera says he has decided to leave Javier Hernandez out of his squad for Mexico's upcoming friendlies so that he can sort out his future.
Reports have suggested that Hernandez could be allowed to move on from Manchester United before the end of the summer.
Louis van Gaal started the striker alongside Wayne Rooney against Swansea City last weekend but his chances could be limited at Old Trafford once Robin van Persie is back in contention following an extended break after the World Cup.
Mexico boss Herrera, who has previously advised Hernandez to leave United, has opted not to include the 26-year-old in his plans for the games against Bolivia and Chile in the USA.
The squad will largely be made up of domestic-based players and will be confirmed next week, but a list of six men who ply their trade abroad has been released to notify their clubs of the call-ups.
"I had a word with him and we agreed that the best thing was to wait, most of all so he can stay where he is and decide his future," Herrera told Mediotiempo.
"It's not good for him, and either for me, to have him in the team if he has his mind on what could happen with him.
"We are both calm, we don't have any hurry. We took the decision together so he can wait and see if there is a transfer or if he will stay there at Manchester."
Meanwhile, Hernandez's agent, Eduardo Hernandez, says it is still unclear whether the player will be heading out of United.
He said: "For the moment we don't have any news from Manchester, neither for if he is going to continue playing there or if they are going to negotiate his departure."