Coyle prepared to let Basham go

Basham, who can play in midfield or defence, was the subject of a
bid from Blackpool boss Ian Holloway on Friday, which Wanderers
rejected. Coyle would ideally like to retain the 22-year-old, but
acknowledges it might be in Basham’s best interests to move on in
order to improve his chances of playing first-team football. “Olly
(Holloway) rang me on Friday and informed me he was interested,”
Coyle told the Bolton News. “I said I didn’t want to lose him
because he’s a young player that we’ve got high hopes for at this
football club. “But I can totally accept that young Bash wants to
play. “He probably feels the competition is fierce in the midfield
and he maybe thinks he’s down the pecking order a little bit. “What
I said was that if Blackpool put forward a bid that we thought was
fair, then we would allow permission for them to speak to him, on
the basis on being fair to the kid.” Coyle revealed several clubs
had contacted him about both Basham and young forward Danny Ward.
“I’ve had numerous enquiries about Bash, whether it’s to loan or to
buy outright, the same as I have for Danny Ward – they are two
young, talented players,” Coyle said. “I’ll always look to do the
best for the football club, do the best business possible, but at
this moment in time Blackpool’s offer is not acceptable. “As a
manager you have to do right by your players as well, and I’m
always very transparent, and I have kept Chris in touch every step
of the way.” Holloway hopes to make a series of signings over the
next few days and is understood to be in negotiations to secure a
deal for striker Marlon Harewood, who has been on trial with
Blackpool following his release by Aston Villa. Meanwhile, Bolton
are expected to announce the capture of teenage frontman Tom Eaves
from Oldham this week. The 18-year-old scored a hat-trick against
Wanderers in a pre-season friendly last month.