Corluka loaned to Leverkusen

The 25-year-old full-back was a regular last season but has

dropped down the pecking order at White Hart Lane following the

excellent form of England right-back Kyle Walker, who was on loan

at Aston Villa last season.

Corluka, who joined Spurs in 2008 from Manchester City, will

spend the rest of the season on loan at the German club, who are

currently sixth in the Bundesliga.

The Londoners are also rumoured to be keen on adding a forward

to their ranks before the transfer window shuts at 11pm on Tuesday

night and have been strongly linked with a move for Everton striker

Louis Saha.

While a move for Saha will come as a surprise to many, Harry

Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to sign a striker this

month.

The Spurs boss has watched Marseille striker Loic Remy play on a

number of occasions and was linked with Carlos Tevez and Didier

Drogba earlier in the window.

If want-away striker Roman Pavlyuchenko is granted his wish to

leave White Hart Lane, it will leave Redknapp with Emmanuel

Adebayor and Jermain Defoe as his only fit strikers.

There was no indication that a deal for 33-year-old Saha is

close to completion on Tuesday afternoon, but an 18-month contract

for the former Manchester United striker has been mooted.

Wigan, meanwhile, are bracing themselves for a bid from Spurs

for striker Hugo Rodallega despite the fact that Latics face

Tottenham at White Hart Lane in the Premier League this

evening.

“We are used to Tottenham making a last-minute bid on transfer

deadline day, and by last minute, I mean the very last minute,”

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told ESPN.

“I have seen Spurs linked with Rodallega for some time, but we

have not received a bid, not even an enquiry as far as I know.

“But that doesn’t mean they won’t make a bid, but if they do

they always leave it late, very late.

“It might make sense to cash in now, but if he stays with us to

the end of the season he can help us stay up, which would be worth

far more than a transfer fee.”

A number of fringe players, including the likes of Steven

Pienaar, Heurelho Gomes, Sebastien Bassong and Giovani Dos Santos,

could also leave before the window shuts.

Pavlyuchenko’s representative Oleg Artemov, meanwhile, has

denied reports the Russian striker fell out with members of

Tottenham’s training staff on Sunday.

Those reports suggested Pavlyuchenko launched a tirade at

assistant manager Kevin Bond about his lack of first-team football

this term, but Artemov told RIA Novosti: “All this about the

conflict with the coach is rubbish.

“There was no conflict, the scenario was entirely dreamt

up.”

Russian teams Lokomotiv Moscow, Spartak Moscow and Anzhi

Makhachkala have all been linked with a move for the 30-year-old,

but Artemov insists his client will not make any snap judgments on

his future.

“We’re not rushing into any decisions [regarding a transfer],”

he added.

“We are in negotiations with [Tottenham chairman, Daniel] Levy.

“Tonight everything will be sorted out.”