City to lose Toure brothers

Mancini has often spoken of his concern at how his side would cope
without Kolo and, in particular, Yaya, who are required for the
Ivory Coast’s African Nations Cup campaign. Initially, the City
chief expressed the hope that their departure could be delayed
until after the Premier League encounter with Wigan at the DW
Stadium on January 16. That now appears unlikely, with the pair now
also set to miss the Carling Cup semi-final first-leg against
Liverpool on January 11. “It is difficult but I think they will
leave us after United,” said Mancini. “We have talked with their
manager three days ago and will talk again with the Ivory Coast
president. “We will try but it is difficult.” Instead, there is the
potential for bringing in additional reinforcements. Cash is
available for transfers but with UEFA’s Financial Fair Play demands
to be met, Mancini knows he will have to sell before he can buy.
“We should sell some of our players before we do anything,” he
said. “After that maybe we can do something but at the moment there
is nothing.” Meanwhile, senior City officials met their AC Milan
counterparts on Thursday afternoon in a bid to establish some
common ground over the transfer of Carlos Tevez. The Serie A giants
are keen for Tevez to join them but want that initial deal to be a
loan, with a commitment to buy at the end of the season. However,
City have made it clear they are not interested and would only be
willing to do business over a straight transfer. Acting Blues chief
executive John MacBeath led the City delegation and was accompanied
by football administration officer Brian Marwood at the talks,
which took place in London. City offered no guidance as to how the
discussions had gone but it is believed the respective positions
remain the same. Tevez is currently at home in Argentina and has
been pictured playing golf on a number of occasions. He has not
played for the Blues since falling out with Roberto Mancini over
his non-appearance in the Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich
in September. Tevez was subsequently fined for his conduct but then
left Manchester and has not been back.