Babel tweets Reds commitment

Earlier on Tuesday, the Holland international was reported to be
flying down to the capital in a helicopter, which resulted in
Hammers’ striker Carlton Cole being linked with a move to
Merseyside. However, on Sunday, Babel said he was prepared to fight
for his place at Anfield and he has now spoken out on Twitter
regarding rumours on his immediate future. “I’m going no where. LFC
all the way. YNWA!!! (You’ll Never Walk Alone),” he wrote. The
23-year-old has often used his Twitter page to convey his feelings
about life at Liverpool, famously incurring the wrath of former
manager Rafael Benitez last season. Prior to the Reds’ match at
Stoke in January, he tweeted more than 24 hours before kick-off
that he had been left out of the squad. That resulted in a severe
dressing-down from Benitez and it seemed there was a chance he
could leave, with Birmingham having had one bid turned down.
However, after his meeting with the Spaniard, Babel was given a
second chance and had a decent end to the season. New manager Roy
Hodgson said at the weekend he wants to give the Dutchman a chance
in his preferred position as a central striker, as back-up to
Fernando Torres. It was something welcomed by Babel, who said after
Sunday’s West Brom victory: “He promised me already I will play up
front when he plays me so that is what I am focusing on. It is
positive.” On the regular speculation about his future he said: “It
doesn’t frustrate me because as long as I do not hear anything from
the club then they can say whatever.”