Community Partner of the Month Presented by Kaiser Permanente

The April Charity Partner of the Month for FOX Sports San Diego is the Jackie Robinson YMCA.

The August Community Partner of the Month presented by Kaiser Permanente for FOX Sports San Diego is Susan G. Komen.

ABOUT Susan G. Komen:

Since its inception in 1995, Komen San Diego has raised more than $12 million to fund local non-profits who provide everything from free diagnostic mammograms and surgeries to meal delivery, child care and temporary financial aid.  Seventy-five percent of every dollar raised in San Diego stays right here in San Diego County to fund free diagnostic mammograms, treatment and services for uninsured and underinsured women and their families. The remaining 25 percent funds international breast cancer research. In fact, next to the U.S. government, Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is the largest funder of breast cancer research in the world. For more information, please visit  www.komensandiego.org

UPCOMING EVENT:

Today there are more 5K events than you count.  But none have the same level of community impact on breast cancer as the Komen San Diego Race for the Cure 5k set for Sunday, November 2 in Balboa Park. That's because the Race raises more than $1 million for local programs and services.

With $1.4 million invested locally, Komen San Diego continues to be the County's largest provider of free breast cancer treatments, services and support.  

Race Day is full of fun and excitement. But it's more than that. The Race provides critical funding for families in San Diego County touched by breast cancer. 75 percent of every dollar raised stays right here in San Diego to fund vital education, screening and support services. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking national research programs.

Because of generous community support, Komen San Diego is funding:

  • Free diagnostics, surgeries and chemotherapyTemporary financial aid for life’s expenses during treatment
  • Meal delivery for a woman and her family
  • Intensive patient navigation - complete with emotional support for all
  • The world’s largest investment of breast cancer research - next to the U.S. government.

These services are needed daily until we find the cures for breast cancer. Please join us at the San Diego Race for the Cure on Sunday, November 2.  Register at www.komensandiego.org/race/