Indians, Yankees Game Most-Watched FS1 Telecast Since Last Year’s NLDS Game 6
LOS ANGELES, CA – Sunday’s two ALDS matchups presented by Doosan win-or-go-home matchups on FS1 delivered strong viewership, with the evening tilt between the Cleveland Indians and New York Yankees earning 5,536,000 total viewers across FS1, FOX Deportes and FSGO, according to Nielsen Media Research.
On FS1, the New York-Cleveland game averaged 5,294,000 viewers, making it the most-watched telecast on the network since last year’s Los Angeles-Chicago NLCS Game 6. Additionally:
- +123% versus Game 3 of the Toronto-Texas ALDS in 2015 that ran in Sunday prime time (2,374,000).
- +150% compared to Texas-Toronto Game 3 in last year’s ALDS on TBS (2,121,000 for Toronto-Texas in Sunday prime).
- +29% compared to last year’s Chicago-San Francisco NLDS Game 3 (4,097,000 for a game that started on Monday at 9:29 PM ET).
- The game peaked from 10:45-10:58 PM ET with 6,987,000 viewers.
- On FSGO, the telecast had an average-minute audience of 85,526.
In the earlier game Sunday, Boston crushed Houston 10-3 to stay alive in an ALDS Game 3 that delivered 2,491,000 viewers across FS1, FOX Deportes and FSGO. On FS1, the game averaged 2,339,000 viewers. In addition:
- +88% versus game 2 of the NLDS on FS1 in 2016 (1,242,000 for LA-Washington that ran on Sunday at 1 PM ET head-to-head with NFL games)
- The game peaked from 5:30- 5:45 PM ET with 3,190,000 viewers.
- On FSGO, the telecast had an average-minute telecast of 32,901.
Through Game 3 (four games), the ALDS on FS1 is averaging 3,169,000 viewers, up 37% over 2015 ALDS on FS1 at the same point (2,320,000 through four games), and up 1% compared to last year’s NLDS on FS1 at the same point (3,139,000 for four games).