Mid-Summer Classic Delivers Combined 9.442 Million Viewers on FOX, FOX Deportes and FOX Sports GO
Combined Viewership Up +7% Over Last Year
MIAMI – The 88th Major League Baseball All-Star Game presented by Mastercard, from Marlins Park in Miami last night, was a star-studded celebration of baseball’s greatest. Highlighted by a pregame salute to the best Latin American-born baseball players in history, including members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, the event delivered a combined 9.442 million viewers across FOX, FOX Deportes and FOX Sports GO, up +7% vs. last year’s combined audience of 8.829 million viewers.
FOX’s broadcast scored a 5.5/11 fast-national household rating/share, with an average audience of 9.280 million, according to Nielsen Media Research. Tuesday night’s fast-national viewership is up +7% over last year (vs. 8.707 million viewers) and is the biggest increase for an All-Star Game since 2008.
88th MLB All-Star Game & First Half of Season Highlights:
- FOX’s total audience figure of 23 million viewers surpassed last year’s figure by +6% (vs. 21.7 million viewers).
- MLB’s All-Star Game reaffirmed its prominence as the No. 1 All-Star event in American sports.
- FOX enjoyed year-over-year ratings increases across all major demographics according to Nielsen Media Research, with Men 18-49 up +7% (3.1 vs. 2.9), Men 25-54 up +3% (3.7 vs. 3.6), Adults 18-49 up +5% (2.3 vs. 2.2), and Adults 25-54 up +4% (2.8 vs. 2.7).
- Last night’s telecast is FOX’s highest-rated and most-watched event since the Daytona 500 in February and is projected to be the network’s best Tuesday night since Game 6 of the 2016 World Series in November.
- Initial tune-in for last night’s game began at a 4.8/10 household rating/share (7.997 million viewers) from 8:16 PM ET – 8:30 PM ET and peaked at a 5.9/11 (10.024 million) from 10:00 – 10:15 PM ET.
- FOX Deportes averaged 114,000 total viewers, up +18% over last year (vs. 97,000 viewers) and is the second most-watched MLB All-Star Game in the network’s history.
- FOX Sports GO, the live streaming platform that showcases all of FOX Sports’ live events and studio programming, delivered an average-minute audience of 49,441, nearly doubling last year’s average-minute audience of 25,057.
- Last night’s game (8:16 PM ET – 11:39 PM ET) beat the 8:00 – 11:00 PM ET primetime average of each of the other major broadcasters among Adults 18-49 with 2.996 million viewers in the demo.
- On FOX and FS1, 2017 MLB regular-season ratings are up a combined +4%, and across FOX Regional Sports Networks, MLB ratings are up +1% so far this season, year-over-year.