Hour-Long Documentary Goes Behind the Scenes with the Dogs and Humans of Westminster Week
NEW YORK, NY – Easter isn’t just for bunnies anymore.
CROWNED: INSIDE THE 2017 WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW, a one-hour documentary that goes behind the scenes of the 141st Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, premieres Sunday, April 16, at 2:30 PM ET on FS1. The latest project from FOX Sports Originals, CROWNED explores the stories of America’s top dogs and the people who love them.
Voiced by FOX Sports’ Chris Myers, CROWNED features a unique cast of canine and human characters from across the country and beyond as they travel to New York City to take in the sights, sounds and even smells of Westminster Week. Beginning with the AKC’s Meet the Breeds and culminating with Best in Show, Sunday’s documentary offers an inside look at the intense and unique preparation involved in competing in America’s No. 1 dog show.
CROWNED tells the stories of Westminster novices and legends alike, including:
- Jere Marder and “Andrew,” an affectionate Old English Sheepdog from Chicago;
- Longtime breeder/owner-handler Pat Trotter of Carmel, Calif., and her Best in Group Norwegian Elkhound “Duffy;”
- Erika and Andrew Wyatt from Chicago and “Toby” the Sloughi – one of the Westminster Kennel Club’s new breeds in 2017;
- Molli Jason and her Smooth Collie “McKenzie” in the Junior Showmanship Final, an activity Jason credits with helping her to overcome extreme shyness;
- Kent Boyles from Edgerton, Wis., and “Rumor” the German Shephard Dog, named this year’s Best in Show after winning the Herding Group in 2016.