Houston – On Sunday, Feb. 5, while the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons go through final preparations in advance of one of the biggest games of their lives, FOX SUPER BOWL KICKOFF (1:00 PM ET) and FOX SUPER BOWL PREGAME (2:00 PM ET) present viewers with several compelling features recapping the 2016 season in the National Football League, capitalizing on the biggest storylines leading into the game.
Super Bowl LI Pregame Features & Highlights Include:
FOX SUPER BOWL KICKOFF
- Game of Inches – It might be cliché, but it’s true. Former players who were on opposite sides of the beauty or torment of close plays in past Super Bowls tell their stories. Current and former NFL players: Kevin Dyson/Mike Jones (SB XXXIV), Santonio Holmes/Ralph Brown (SB XLIII), and FOX Sports’ NFL analyst Greg Jennings (XLV) share their tales of how something so small can become a defining moment in the history of the NFL.
- Devonta Freeman & Tevin Coleman – Charissa Thompson sits down with the Falcons RB duo to discuss the high powered Atlanta offense and what it would mean to bring the city its first Super Bowl championship.
- Manning Hour – In this special Super Bowl edition of “Manning Hour,” FOX Sports’ Cooper Manning is joined by his brother Eli, to relive some great Super Bowl moments.
FOX SUPER BOWL PREGAME
- History of Football in Houston – Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator and native Texan, Wade Phillips takes us on an animated journey through the history of the sport in Houston from its birth in the 1890s through notable moments in high school, college, and professional football history.
- Friday Night Lights – Houston native and FOX NFL reporter Pam Oliver takes viewers through the popularity and cultural significance of high school football in Texas. The feature spans several cities and towns across the state with appearances by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and Super Bowl winning-quarterback and Austin native Drew Brees.
- Devon and Leah Stills’ Hospital Party – Houston is home to the largest children’s hospital in the country, Texas Children’s Hospital. Devon Still, a new Houston Texan, was inspired by his personal experience in children’s hospitals with his daughter Leah, who is now in remission from her battle with cancer. The father-daughter duo is now trying to pay it forward by visiting local children fighting cancer to help give them hope and inspiration.
- National Anthem – FOX Sports has been watching the quiet protests during the National Anthem all season, but now we hear more about the varied messages behind them, where some players believe progress stands, and plans for the future. The segment also features opinions and insight from law enforcement on the protests and the issues surrounding it.
- Ragged Old Flag Piece – Legendary musician Johnny Cash wrote “Ragged Old Flag” in 10 minutes. The words came out of him faster than he could write them down. Featuring an introduction by American singer and social rights activist Harry Belafonte, Sunday’s rendition is an impactful tribute with memorable visuals that demonstrates where this country has been and where we hope to go.
- Houston Is The Heart of NASA – FOX Sports takes time to remember the life of John Glenn, the first man to orbit Earth who has some surprising NFL ties. Jimmy Johnson visits Mission Control at NASA to talk X’s and O’s and the FOX NFL SUNDAY crew chats with astronauts Peggy Whitson and Shane Kimbrough live from the International Space Station.
- Chris Long Feature – Howie Long grew up in New England and now his son Chris is a Patriot on his way to his first Super Bowl. They talk family and football.