FOX NFL SUNDAY Extends Reign as NFL’s No. 1 Pregame Show
FOX NFL KICKOFF Shows Continued Growth
AGOTW Accounts for Top Three Highest-Rated 2016 NFL Regular-Season Telecasts
NEW YORK, NY – With the final whistle blown on the 2016 regular season and Super Bowl LI on FOX just a month away, the network heads into the NFL Playoffs with AMERICA’S GAME OF THE WEEK projected to be television’s No. 1 show for the eighth straight season according to Nielsen Media Research, and FOX NFL SUNDAY as the nation’s top pregame show for the 23rd consecutive year. In addition, FOX NFL KICKOFF continues to show year-over-year growth, up +14% in viewership over 2015. Highlights of the 2016 FOX NFL regular season follow:
- AMERICA’S GAME OF THE WEEK concluded the regular season by averaging an impressive 13.9/27, with 24.559 million viewers, and is projected to continue its run as the highest-rated and most-watched program in all of television for the eighth consecutive year, according to Nielsen.
- The full season of NFL on FOX, excluding the Oct. 30 telecast from London, averaged a 10.9/23 household rating/share, with 19.434 million viewers across all games, and exceeds CBS’s NFL package by +10% (vs. 17.671 million viewers).
- On the pregame front, FOX NFL SUNDAY continues to top the charts, ranking No. 1 among all NFL pregame shows (projected) for the 23rd consecutive year, posting a 3.1/8 household rating/share, with 4.84 million viewers, +34% higher than CBS’s “NFL Today.”
- In just its second season on the FOX broadcast network, FOX NFL KICKOFF averaged a 0.9/3 with 1.341 million viewers, a +14% increase over 2015.
Additional highlights and notes from regular-season game telecasts include:
- AMERICA’S GAME OF THE WEEK in Week 10, which featured an exciting matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers, is the highest-rated game of the 2016 NFL regular season with a 16.4/30.
- AMERICA’S GAME OF THE WEEK also accounted for the second and third highest-rated NFL telecasts of the regular season, as a Week 6 contest between the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers delivered a 15.8/30, and Week 1 between the Cowboys and New York Giants posted a 15.5/31.
- FOX’s annual Thanksgiving Day game, a tightly contested matchup between the Cowboys and Washington Redskins, is the network’s most-watched NFL regular season game ever and the most-watched NFL regular season game on any network since NBC’s Thanksgiving Day game in 1995. The contest delivered 35.11 million viewers.
FOX Sports’ coverage of the NFL Playoffs begins Sunday, Jan. 8 at 4:00 PM ET with FOX NFL SUNDAY, followed by an NFC Wild Card featuring the New York Giants at Green Bay Packers at 4:40 PM ET. FOX Sports’ postseason coverage continues through the NFC Divisional rounds and NFC Championship Game, culminating with the network’s exclusive live presentation of Super Bowl LI from NRG Stadium in Houston on Sunday, Feb. 5.