Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. EDT:
– RIO DE JANEIRO – The second round of the World Cup gets underway with host nation Brazil facing Chile and Colombia taking on Uruguay in an all-South American race to reach the quarterfinals.
– LONDON – Four past Wimbledon champions who lost early on a year ago try to get to the fourth round on a rainy Saturday: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova.
– SPARTA, Ky. – Brad Keselowski leads the field to green in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway. Race starts 7:30 p.m.
– NEW YORK – Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka starts against Jon Lester in a rematch from late April, when the Japanese rookie outpitched the Boston left-hander at Fenway Park. Game starts 7:15 p.m.
– BETHESDA, Md. – Patrick Reed and Oliver Goss were among four players tied for the lead in the Quicken Loans National. Reed is a two-time winner this year.
– PHILADELPHIA – The NHL completes its draft with rounds two through seven.
– ROGERS, Ark. – Michelle Wie is one shot back of first-round leader Alena Sharp entering Saturday’s second round at the NW Arkansas Championship, with top-ranked and local favorite Stacy Lewis also in the hunt.
– OMAHA, Neb. – Terence ”Bud” Crawford tries to defend his WBO lightweight belt against Yuriorkis Gamboa in a 12-round fight. Both fighters are 23-0, with 16 knockouts apiece. Fight starts approximately 10 p.m.