BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
MAR 31, 2014 11:29a ET
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Monday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EDT.
- The baseball season begins in full with 13 games: The champion Red Sox are in Baltimore; Justin Verlander pitches in Detroit; and Ryan Braun plays again for Milwaukee.
- The AP announces its men's All-America basketball team. Announcement at noon.
- INDIANAPOLIS - The Pacers play the Spurs in a game between NBA powers. San Antonio is chasing a franchise-record 18th straight win. Indiana has lost four of five. Game starts 7 p.m.
- This should be one intriguing Final Four: One team is loaded with seniors, another almost all freshmen. One team has a 3-point shooting 7-footer, another with a muscular force in the middle.
- LAWRENCE, Kan. - Kansas forward Andrew Wiggins is expected to announce he's headed to the NBA, a decision the freshman made the moment he arrived on campus.
- NEW YORK - Larry Brown, who complained about his team being snubbed by the NCAA tournament, brings SMU to Madison Square Garden this week for the NIT semifinals.
- LAKE FOREST, Ill. - The Bears introduce defensive end Jared Allen, the biggest addition to their revamped defense. The defensive end spent the past six years with the Vikings.
- ANAHEIM, Calif. - Teemu Selanne, who is retiring after the season, faces the Jets for likely the last time. The 43-year-old Anaheim star began his NHL career in Winnipeg in 1992.