Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Friday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. A separate Olympic digest has moved. All times EST.
– NEW YORK – An NFL ordered-investigation found Jonathan Martin was subjected to ”a pattern of harassment” that included racist slurs and vicious sexual taunts about his mother and sister by three Miami Dolphins teammates.
– ATLANTA – Jim Fregosi, a former All-Star who won more than 1,000 games as a manager for four teams, has died after an apparent stroke. He was 71.
– LOS ANGELES – Dustin Johnson had a one-shot lead over Jimmy Walker and a host of others going into the second round of the Northern Trust Open at Riviera.
– DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.Tony Stewart gets back into a race car for the first time since breaking his right leg last August. The three-time NASCAR champion practices Friday night at Daytona International Speedway.
– MINNEAPOLISJoe Mauer’s move from catcher to first base was one of the biggest offseason developments of the last decade for the Minnesota Twins. Though they’ll benefit from having him in the lineup more often, there’s a question about how his absence behind the plate will impact the pitching staff.