Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EST:
– From concussions to bad officiating to fantasy football, the NFL had plenty to be worried about this season. Yet here it is, Super Sunday for the 50th time, with the league as popular as ever.
– SAN FRANCISCO – Brett Favre, Kevin Greene, Marvin Harrison, Orlando Pace, Kurt Warner, Morten Andersen and Tony Dungy are among the nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Announcement 9 p.m.
– The NFL's AP awards are handed out the night before the Super Bowl, with the possibility that Cam Newton will have the MVP trophy before he plays in the title game. Show 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
– SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – James Hahn is in front entering the third round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Rickie Fowler and Danny Lee are a shot behind.
– OCALA, Fla. – Top-ranked Lydia Ko and Ha Na Jang share the lead going into the final round at the Coates Golf Championship. Both had to play 12 holes to finish the third round of the rain-delayed tournament.
– OAKLAND, Calif. – Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors go for their 41st straight regular-season home win when they host Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Game starts 9 p.m.
– Key college games: No. 3 Villanova at No. 11 Providence (2:30 p.m.); No. 18 Purdue at No. 4 Maryland (4 p.m.); No. 25 South Carolina at No. 8 Texas A&M (4 p.m.); No. 15 Baylor at No. 14 West Virginia (8 p.m.).
– GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany – Lindsey Vonn easily wins a downhill on a demanding course to extend her World Cup lead. She raises her record to 38 downhill victories.
– JEONGSEON, South Korea – Steven Nyman of the U.S. makes the podium for the first time this season, finishing third on the downhill course for the 2018 Olympics. Norway's Kjetil Jansrud is the winner.
– ARCADIA, Calif. – Mor Spirit makes his 3-year-old debut for Triple Crown-winning trainer Bob Baffert in the $150,000 Robert Lewis Stakes at Santa Anita. Post time 5 p.m.
– MANCHESTER, England – Leicester defeats Manchester City 3-1 to bolster its bid to become the unlikeliest champion in English soccer history. Leicester is now in first place by six points.
– PARIS – With the atmosphere calm but security at the highest level, France and Italy play a rugby match in the first event at the national stadium since the deadly Paris attacks in November.