Steenkamp's father speaks out
The father of Oscar Pistorius's slain girlfriend has told a South African newspaper that the athlete will have to ''live with his conscience'' if he is lying about how he killed her.
MEDAL TO MURDER?
- Family 'shaken' by bathroom images
- Pistorius investigation to end in Aug.
- Report: Pistorius fined over taxes
- Agent: Pistorius wants to train
- Judge agrees to lower restrictions
- Family: Pistorius 'not suicidal'
- Pistorius: I thought GF was intruder
- Gallery: Scene at the courtroom
- Couch: From thriller to killer?
- Steenkamp a model, law school grad
In its Saturday edition, the Afrikaans-language Beeld newspaper quotes Barry Steenkamp as saying Pistorius will ''suffer'' alone if his assertion that he accidentally shot 29-year-old Reeva Steenkamp is false.
Barry Steenkamp says he might be able to forgive Pistorius one day if the double-amputee Olympian is telling the truth.
Pistorius was released on bail on Friday. He is charged with premeditated murder in the Valentine's Day slaying of his girlfriend.