Olympics

Accused Shawn Johnson stalker can be tried

Share This Story

   
 

LOS ANGELES (AP)

A judge says there's enough evidence against a man accused of stalking Shawn Johnson for the case to go to trial.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Carter made the ruling after concluding a preliminary hearing for Robert O'Ryan, who has been jailed since his arrest in March. Authorities say he trespassed on the lot where "Dancing With the Stars" is taped and tried to contact Johnson.

The 17-year-old Olympic gold-medal gymnast won the dancing competition earlier this year.

Johnson and her parents have obtained a civil restraining order against the 34-year-old Florida man. Authorities said they found a pair of loaded guns in O'Ryan's car and that he drove from Florida to Los Angeles to try to meet Johnson.

Related Stories


Olympics Videos

Olympian Van Dyken injured in ATV accident Posted: Jun 09, 2014
America's Pregame provides an update on the condition of former Olympic swimmer ...

Phelps clocks fastest qualifying time in return Posted: Apr 24, 2014
Michael Phelps clocks the fastest qualifying time in 100-meter butterfly at the ...

Clark claims 7th US Open halfpipe crown Posted: Mar 09, 2014
Watch Kelly Clark land the first-ever cab 1080 en route to claiming her 7th win ...