Who is James Ramsey, prospect headed to Cleveland in Masterson trade?
JUL 30, 2014 5:17p ET
Here are some details on what the Indians are getting in the 24-year-old Ramsey:
- Drafted by the Cardinals in the first round of the 2012 MLB Draft. The Georgia native who went to Florida State was first selected by the Minnesota Twins in the 22nd round of the 2011 MLB Amateur Draft
- Has spent much of this and last season in Double-A Springfield, where he plays right and center field.
- In 67 games in 2014, Ramsey is hitting .300 with 13 home runs and 36 RBI.
- Collided with a wall in May, injuring his right shoulder, according to The Springfield News-Leader. He missed 24 games as a result of that injury, according to Baseball Prospectus. He also was out for 18 more games with a muscle strain beginning in late June.
- Named to the Texas League All-Star team but was replaced on the team due to injury
- Participated in the 2014 Futures Game
- Hindering Ramsey in the Cardinals system was a "logjam of young outfielders," according to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com
- You can follow him on Twitter: @jamesramsey23
- And he knows how to pump a team up
We will surely find out more about Ramsey as the days go on and he joins the Indians organization. Ramsey will first report to Triple-A Columbus.