The Indians acquired outfielder James Ramsey from the St. Louis Cardinals in a deal for pitcher Justin Masterson Wednesday.
Here are some details on what the Indians are getting in the 24-year-old Ramsey:
– Drafted by the Cardinals in the first round of the 2012 MLB Draft. The Georgia native who went to Florida State was first selected by the Minnesota Twins in the 22nd round of the 2011 MLB Amateur Draft
– Has spent much of this and last season in Double-A Springfield, where he plays right and center field.
– In 67 games in 2014, Ramsey is hitting .300 with 13 home runs and 36 RBI.
– Collided with a wall in May, injuring his right shoulder, according to The Springfield News-Leader. He missed 24 games as a result of that injury, according to Baseball Prospectus. He also was out for 18 more games with a muscle strain beginning in late June.
– Named to the Texas League All-Star team but was replaced on the team due to injury