SPORTSTIME OHIO & THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ANNOUNCE MULTI-YEAR TELEVISION AGREEMENT
AUG 01, 2013 3:59p ET
SportsTime Ohio and the Cleveland Browns reached a new multi-year television agreement, as jointly announced today by François McGillicuddy, Senior Vice President and General Manager, SportsTime Ohio and FOX Sports Ohio, and Alec Scheiner, President, Cleveland Browns.
SportsTime Ohio will feature exclusive Browns programming with inside access to the team, starting with Browns Training Camp and continuing all season. Additionally, the network will launch FOX Sports’ first NFL luxury charter bus with the Browns Fan Express.
“We are privileged to partner with SportsTime Ohio, which consistently produces the high-quality content our fans desire,” said Scheiner. “This partnership further opens up our world to Browns fans by providing unprecedented access and exposure to our team.”
“We are thrilled to announce that the Cleveland Browns will be a part of SportsTime Ohio’s programming lineup. Browns fans are some of the most passionate fans in the region, and we’re excited to be able offer them exclusive Browns coverage with inside access we have not had before,” said McGillicuddy. “SportsTime Ohio is committed to delivering the highest quality Browns programming, in-depth analysis by the most knowledgeable local experts and an inside look at the team that fans can’t get anywhere else.”
As the cable home of the Browns, SportsTime Ohio will deliver the most comprehensive coverage of the Browns including but not limited to the following programming lineup:
Training Camp Daily
· In this 30-minute show, shot from the sidelines of the practice field in Berea, the team of experts interviews players, covers rosters decisions, provides injury updates, reports position battles and discusses the upcoming season.
Browns Preseason Game Replays
· The network will replay the Browns’ four preseason games.
· This 30-minute roundtable discussion moves from topic to topic, previewing the Browns next game and discussing the opponent.
Browns Red Zone
· This call-in show gives fans the opportunity to talk Browns with the area’s most knowledgeable analysts.
· This program in development will feature Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski, giving fans an inside look at his coaching style, decisions and team culture.
Player Profiles and Programming Specials
· These programs in development will highlight the inside access and exclusive nature of the television partnership.
SportsTime Ohio’s coverage of the Browns boasts the best, most recognizable and most informed talent in the region. This group of experts knows the Browns like no one else:
· Jim Donovan – play-by-play radio voice of the Browns since 1999
· Doug Dieken – Browns offensive tackle 1971-84; radio color commentator since 1985
· Tony Grossi – Browns analyst for 850 WKNR and 1540 KNR2
· Mary Kay Cabot – The Plain Dealer Browns beat writer
· Andre Knott – Sports reporter on FOXSportsOhio.com, WTAM 1100 & WEWS Channel 5
· Fred Greetham – Browns writer on FOXSportsOhio.com
· Zac Jackson – Sports writer on FOXSportsOhio.com
Program schedule details are forthcoming.
SportsTime Ohio is also excited to announce the Browns Fan Express. The Fan Express will be a 56-passenger luxury bus fully wrapped with SportsTime Ohio branding and Cleveland Browns images. As FOX Sports’ first NFL Fan Express, the charter bus will be used to transport fans to and from Browns games, charitable events, community initiatives and more.