Reds Opening Day: More TV Coverage Than Ever Before
Tune in to FOX Sports Ohio Monday, March 31st starting at 9:00am for a NEW Reds program, LIVE coverage of Opening Day Parade and Reds Block Party, expanded broadcast team and more!
FOX Sports Ohio
FOX Sports Ohio Girls & FOX Sports Robot Cleatus also to participate in festivities.
CINCINNATI, OHIO -- As Cincinnati celebrates the return of Reds baseball, FOX Sports Ohio is excited to announce its extended coverage of Cincinnati Reds Opening Day on Monday, March 31st. This year, fans should tune in to FOX Sports Ohio starting at 9:00am for a full day of Reds programs and live coverage of one of the biggest Opening Day celebrations in all of MLB.
FOX Sports Ohio will present Reds Opening Day like never before, with live reporting from Great American Ball Park to the Banks to Fountain Square to the Findlay Market Opening Day Parade. The network will feature interviews with guests from the Reds and local community and additional Reds programs. A broadcast team of eight will provide this extensive coverage. Reds broadcasters Chris Welsh, Thom Brennaman, Jim Day, Jeff Piecoro, George Grande and Brian Giesenschlag will all play a role. Cincinnati veteran weathercaster Pat Barry and Local 12 WKRC-TV reporter Perry Schaible will also join the team for the day.
Starting at 9:00am:
* Grande and Giesenschlag will host from the Reds Live desk at Great American Ball Park.
* Piecoro will report from the Reds Block Party at the Banks.
* Day and Welsh will be once again in the Opening Day Parade. They will provide live reports as they make their way along the parade route.
* Barry will report all morning long from Findlay Market on preparations for the parade as well as provide weather updates.
* Schaible will report from Fountain Square.
* Reds fans will also enjoy a new program, Cup of Coffee with George Grande. While in Goodyear this spring, Grande had the opportunity to sit down with Reds players Jay Bruce and Mat Latos. Viewers will get a taste of these one-on-one interviews in a 30-minute show to debut the morning of Opening Day.
FOX Sports Ohio Girl Kristine and Cleatus will also be part of the all-day celebration.
* Cleatus, the Giant FOX Robot, will be in the Banks near Johnny Rockets. Fans are encouraged to stop by Noon-1:00pm and 2:00-3:00pm to get their photo taken with him.
* Join FOX Sports Ohio Girl Kristine at the first Reds Fan Cam of the season. Stop by the Holy Grail 1:30pm â 3:30pm for your chance to play games, win cool prizes, and answer trivia to be on Reds Live postgame show!
Follow along FOX Sports Ohioâs Opening Day coverage on social media with #RedsOpeningDay. Join the conversation using the hashtag, and your tweets could make the air! Tag your photos with #RedsOpeningDay to be retweeted by @FOXSportsOH and to be posted on FOXSportsOhio.com!
A special hour-long Reds Live pre-game show will begin at 3:00pm. Giesenschlag and Piecoro will host from the desk and Day will report from the field. The show, presented by Ray St. Clair Roofing, will provide fans commentary, features, and in-depth pregame coverage including the on-field ceremonies. #RedsLive
The Reds will take on the St. Louis Cardinals starting at 4:10pm. Welsh and Brennaman will call the action. #FSOReds
* Chat live with Hall of Fame writer Hal McCoy during the game on FOXSportsOhio.com.
Immediately following the final out, stay tuned for Reds Live postgame show, presented by Kings Honda, for highlights, player interviews and analysis. Day will host from the desk and Piecoro will report from the dugout.