The Magic were expected to be worse than the Cavaliers but instead are right there with them. Actually, the Magic are about where everyone expected. It’s the Cavs who have disappointed. The Cavs have lost six straight. Most have been fairly close, with an overtime defeat and a double-overtime defeat included in that stretch. On the bright side, the Cavs beat the Magic in Orlando already, and could again use them to snap this nasty spell. If not â¦ oh man. That’s tough to even think about.
– Irving (bruised knee) is listed as day-to-day and is a game-time decision. He did not participate at the Cavs’ morning shootaround. If he is out, Jarrett Jack will start in his place. Irving has yet to miss a game this season and is determined to play in all 82.
– Vucevic (sprained ankle) is also a game-time decision for the Magic.
– The Magic are averaging 96.9 points and have scored 100 or more 12 times.
– After averaging 92.1 points in November, the Cavs averaged 100.8 in December — the second-highest jump in the NBA. Only the Atlanta Hawks made a bigger increase in scoring (plus-11 points) from November to December.
– Cavs G Dion Waiters is the leading scorer among Eastern Conference reserves (15.5 ppg).
– Following a hot start, Magic rookie G Victor Oladipo is averaging 11.6 points and shooting 40 percent from the field in the previous 10 games.