Pettine: Browns didn't interview Manziel at NFL Combine
MAR 04, 2014 10:08a ET
Either the Browns have no interest in Johnny Manziel or they're doing a very good job of throwing up a thick smokescreen.
Head coach Mike Pettine told reporters Monday night that the Browns did not hold a formal interview with Manziel at the NFL Combine.
Last week, NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah reported that the idea of Manziel to Cleveland is a farce and the Browns have their eye on another quarterback.
"Their guy is (Fresno State quarterback) Derek Carr and they're going to take a different player with the fourth pick and they want to take Derek Carr with their second one (at No. 26). ... I heard that from several different places," Jeremiah said in an appearance on "The Dan Patrick Show."
February was full of speculation and hoopla regarding Manziel and the draft.
We had his quarterback guru proclaim that he has sold Johnny Football on going to Cleveland. Then the Aggie himself declared that if he were to become the 21st quarterback under center since the Browns' return to Cleveland, he would be the guy to lead them to a Super Bowl.
New month, same weather, more Manziel talk.