OSU's Hyde will not be charged in alleged assault
JUL 30, 2013 1:15p ET
Suspended Ohio State running back Carlos Hyde will not face charges stemming from a July 20 incident at a downtown Columbus bar.
That word came Tuesday from a Columbus Police Department spokesman. Hyde, a senior and Ohio State's top returning runner, was suspended from the team after being named a person of interest in an alleged assault in the early-morning hours at Sugar Bar 2.
According to Columbus police, the alleged victim declined to press charges. In a statement released to NBC4 in Columbus, the unnamed victim said "keeping in mind what is (best) for me and my family I have decided to refrain from filing charges at this time."
Hyde's suspension was announced two days after the incident.
At Big Ten Media Days last week, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he needed to sort through the facts before deciding Hyde's standing with the team and any further punishment. His suspension was announced at the same time the program acknowledged incidents involving three other players and the police, including the arrest of top cornerback Bradley Roby.
The Buckeyes open training camp this weekend.
+ SHOW COMMENTS +