The Cavaliers and other teams continue to talk trade as the time to start picking nears.
By SAM AMICOFS Ohio
A few quick notes on the most recent NBA happenings:
• It is now widely believed that unless the
Cleveland Cavaliers receive a trade offer they can’t refuse, they will select either Kentucky center
Nerlens Noel or Maryland center
Alex Len with the No. 1 overall draft pick.
• Multiple league executives have told FOX Sports Ohio that the Cavs’ recent attempts to trade for a veteran small forward point to general manager Chris Grant settling on a big man with that first pick.
• A recent report said the Cavs offered picks Nos. 1 and 19 to the Portland Trail Blazers for power forward
LaMarcus Aldridge, but a source referred to those talks as “old news.”
• Either way, sources feel the Cavs’ discussions with teams will lead right up until the draft (and perhaps into it).
• Speaking of unwillingness, the Cavs are said to be highly reluctant to part with 2014 picks in any deals.
• Finally, it is believed that the Cavs don’t feel that any of the big men in the draft are the best possible fit -- which is why they are likely to continue to see what might be the returns for the top pick.
• Stay tuned to
FOXSportsOhio.com for more on the latest leading up to Thursday’s draft.