NBA Report: Cavs enter draft with multiple trade options
JUN 26, 2013 2:51p ET
• Reports of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets working on a trade involving forward Thomas Robinson have all but been confirmed by both sides.
• According to several FOX Sports Ohio sources, Robinson was in Cleveland on Tuesday night for a concert. Some sources said the Cavs also gave him a physical, but that has not been confirmed.
• One person with knowledge of the situation said the Cavs “potentially have something lined up” not involving the No. 1 overall pick. Along with that, the Cavs are said to have three other legitimate opportunities, including a deal for the top pick, as well as a couple of interesting deals of some magnitude.
• The Cavs supposedly are offering their No. 19 pick for Robinson. They believe a draft-night deal consisting of their two second-rounders (Nos. 31 and 33) will be enough for them to land forward Shawn Marion and the 13th pick from Dallas, sources said.
• The Cavs’ potential deals are likely to impact the direction they go in the draft. For instance, if they are able to trade for a viable small forward, that pretty much eliminates Georgetown’s Otto Porter with the top pick. As of today, it is believed Porter is still in the mix.
• Meanwhile, the San Antonio Spurs are also believed to have spoken to the Rockets about Robinson. One source said the Spurs are "far from" out of the running.
• Indiana center Cody Zeller is making a slight climb from his projected slot in the Nos. 9-12 range. Sources say the Charlotte Bobcats could take him at No. 4. The Phoenix Suns may also have interest and select fifth.
• The Sacramento Kings are receiving calls about guard Jimmer Fredette. Word around the league is the Kings are seeking a mid-to-late pick in the first round.
• The Brooklyn Nets and Minnesota Timberwolves are “close” on a deal that would send Nets guard MarShon Brooks to the Timberwolves for the 26th pick, multiple sources said.
• Ohio State forward Deshaun Thomas is one of the more intriguing prospects, with league executives believing he could go as high as No. 19 or drop to the middle of the second round. Some sources believe Oklahoma City won’t let Thomas drop past their 32nd overall selection.
• Murray State point guard Isaiah Canaan is also rising as the draft approaches. He could sneak into the very end of the first round.
• Meanwhile, Kentucky shooting guard Archie Goodwin appears to be dropping. There was a time when scouts considered him a top-30 prospect. There’s now a chance, albeit slight, he may not even get drafted.
• The Los Angeles Clippers are said to be high on California shooting guard Allen Crabbe. He could still be available when they make their first selection at No. 25.
• I’ll have plenty more leading up to the draft, so keep checking back with FOXSportsOhio.com and FOXSports.com.