139th Opening Day in Cincinnati — Monday, April 6 – Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 4:10 pm (gates open at 2:10 pm)
Reds Community Fund Charity Block Party: The fourth annual Opening Day Block Party kicks off at 11 a.m. on Joe Nuxhall Way and Freedom Way. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from Budweiser, Coca-Cola, LaRosa’s and Queen City Sausage. Admission is free. Live music and entertainment provided by WEBN. Additional Block Party partners include St. Elizabeth Healthcare and Sargento Natural Cheese. All proceeds benefit the P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy.
96th Findlay Market Opening Day Parade: 1990 relief pitchers Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble and Randy Myers (The Nasty Boys) will serve as the Grand Marshals, with select current Reds making an appearance.
Ceremonial First Pitches: The Nasty Boys (Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble and Randy Myers) will throw out simultaneous first pitches.
National Anthem: Marlana VanHoose from Denver, Ky will sing the National Anthem. Marlana was born with cytomegalovirus (CMV), is blind and was featured on ESPN’s E:60.
Flyover: A helicopter from the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Aviation Unit will perform a pregame flyover.
Wounded Hero Recognition: Senator Rob Portman (R-OH) and U.S. Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-OH 2nd District) will participate in a pregame ceremony to honor wounded veterans.
American Flag: U.S. Navy Reservists will hold a giant American flag in the outfield during the National Anthem. The Navy Reserves are celebrating their centennial anniversary this year.
God Bless America: "God Bless America" will be performed by Cincinnati firefighter John Winfrey during the 7th inning stretch and is dedicated to Fire Apparatus Operator Daryl Gordon, the Cincinnati firefighter who died in the line of duty on March 26.
Hometown Hero: MSGT Michael Guilkey from Independence, Ky will serve as the Cincinnati Bell Hometown Hero of the game
As Cincinnati celebrates the return of Reds baseball, FOX Sports Ohio is excited to announce its extended coverage of Cincinnati Reds Opening Day on Monday, April 6th.
Opening Night — Wednesday, April 8 – Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:10 pm (gates open at 5:10 pm)
Reds in the Fan Zone: Reds players and coaches will walk the red carpet in the Kroger Fan Zone and meet and greet with fans and starting at 5:30 p.m.
Special Guests — The Ohio State Buckeyes: Over 80 players, coaches and support staff of the 2014 National Champion Ohio State Buckeye football team will participate in many events at the ballpark on Opening Night including:
– Accepting the first of its kind "Reds Country Athletic Achievement Award" during pregame ceremonies
– Players, coaches and administrators will hold a giant American flag during the National Anthem
– Head Coach Urban Meyer and members of the team will offer up simultaneous ceremonial first pitches
– The team will walk the "Reds Carpet" in the Kroger Fan Zone during the first inning (Players will not be permitted to give autographs while walking the red carpet)
– The 2014 National Championship trophy will be on display in the Kroger Fan Zone throughout the game and Brutus Buckeye will participate in activities around the ballpark
– The Reds will donate $1 of every regular adult ticket purchased between April 1 and April 7 to the Urban and Shelley Meyer Fund for Cancer Research
2015 Reds Calendar: The first 20,000 fans will receive a 2015 Reds Team Calendar, presented by Kroger.
National Anthem: St. Xavier High School junior Ihsan Walker will sing the National Anthem.
Awards Ceremonies: The following awards will be presented on the field during pregame ceremonies:
– Johnny Cueto will receive the 2014 Wilson Defensive Player of The Year Award
– Cueto will also receive MLB.com’s Greatness in Baseball Yearly (GIBBY) Award for Bounceback Player of the Year
– Members of the 2014 Reds will accept the 2014 Wilson Defensive Team of the Year Award
Game Ball Delivery: Miss Ohio USA 2015 Sara Newkirk and Miss Ohio Teen USA 2015 Shelby Stapleton will deliver the official game ball. They will also walk the red carpet in the Kroger Fan Zone before the game.
Live Music: 80’s cover band The Rusty Griswolds will perform from a stage on the right field porch during inning breaks and after the game. The band will also serve as the Honorary Captains of the game.
Post-game Fireworks presented by PNC Bank: The Rusty Griswolds will play live during the post-game fireworks show featuring Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks.