Cavs (7-26) at Bobcats (8-23) - Game #34
JAN 04, 2013 1:07p ET
The Cavs and Bobcats are two teams allegedly following the Oklahoma City model (yes, the Bobcats are, too). That means compiling good young talent, draft picks and waiting patiently for what the future may bring. But it also means losing a lot of frustration and losing in the present. The Bobcats already suffered through an 18-game losing streak, and the Cavs are currently riding a three-gamer. Eventually, one or maybe both of these franchises will turn it around. But right now, it’s just mostly growing pains for both.
Venue: Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte
TV/Radio: 7 p.m. FOX Sports Ohio/WTAM
All-Time Series: Cavaliers lead, 20-8.
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (7-26)
C Tyler Zeller
PF Tristan Thompson
SF Alonzo Gee
SG Dion Waiters
PG Kyrie Irving
C Bismack Biyombo
PF Hakim Warrick
SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
SG Gerald Henderson
PG Kemba Walker
• League-leading rebounder Anderson Varejao (knee) will miss his eighth straight game. It’s likely he’ll be out Saturday for Houston’s visit as well.
• Cavs guard Daniel Gibson (concussion) is also out.
• Kidd-Gilchrist missed the Bobcats’ win over Chicago on Wednesday with a scratched cornea. He is expected to play tonight. Kidd-Gilchrist was selected with the No. 2 overall pick (two spots ahead of Cavs guard Dion Waiters) in the draft.
• Miles has scored in double figures in 13 of the past 15 games, and is averaging 15.2 ppg during that span.
• Former Cavs guard Ramon Sessions is averaging 14.2 ppg and 4.0 apg in his first season off the Bobcats’ bench.