Russo, Holt, Burke & Minnaert Debut on Saturday
FOX Sports North today announced the addition of four new faces, all will make their debut on the regional sports network this Saturday, January 19 as part of Hockey Day Minnesota 2013. Michael Russo, Tori Holt, Brendan Burke and Sophia Minnaert will join the broadcast team.
Michael Russo / @russostrib
- -- Russo will serve as an “NHL insider” on FOX Sports North throughout the 2013 Minnesota Wild season. He makes his debut this Saturday for the Wild season and home opener.
-- Michael Russo covers the NHL and Minnesota Wild as a beat writer for the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Tori Holt / @twholt4
- -- Holt will serve as hockey host and sideline reporter on FOX Sports North for upcoming Gopher Hockey games. He starts on Saturday with the highly anticipated match-up between Minnesota and North Dakota.
- -- Hockey fans may recognize Holt from his coverage of the Minnesota State High School League Hockey Tournaments on KSTC-45. A Burnsville, Minn native, he also works as play-by-play and sideline reporter for Root Sports Rocky Mountain and has gained sports reporting experience hosting for Altitude Sports & Entertainment and the Dallas Stars.
Brendan Burke / @brendanmburke
- -- Burke will serve as play-by-play announcer for the three high school games televised as part of Hockey Day Minnesota 2013.
- -- Brendan Burke made his NHL debut last December for the St. Louis Blues calling three games on a fill-in basis. He is currently in his fifth season as the radio broadcaster with the Peoria Rivermen, the AHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues and has experience calling for the Wheeling Nailers - the Pittsburgh Penguins ECHL affiliate. Burke also called three seasons of minor league baseball and served as the voice for the WIAA Wisconsin Football State Championships on FOX Sports Wisconsin.
Sophia Minnaert / @SophiaMinnaert
- -- Minneart will serve as sideline reporter for all three of the high school games featured as part of FOX Sports North’s Hockey Day Minnesota coverage from Grand Rapids.
- -- A Wisconsin native, Minneart serves as social media reporter for FOX Sports Wisconsin. Sophia is a regular contributor during Milwaukee Brewers and Milwaukee Bucks telecasts and also served as sideline report for FOX Sports Wisconsin’s coverage of the WIAA Wisconsin Football State Championships.
FOX Sports North reaches more than 2 million homes throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and North and South Dakota and telecasts nearly 2,600 hours of locally produced programming per year. Follow FOX Sports North on Facebook and Twitter.