FOX Sports Exclusive
Modano marries pro golfer Micheletti
WANT SEXIER SPORTS?
- See Miesha Tate's sexy cover
- Model dating another SEC QB?
- Paulina Gretzky's top is on firrrrrre!
- US soccer stars rock sexy costumes
- Cheerleaders site hacked by porn
- Kanye saved Khloe-Lamar marriage?
- SF residents call Nike, get phone sex
- Gronk offers his services to the ladies
- MLB helps Kanye, Kim K hook up
On June 11, 1988, Mike Modano was taken first overall by the Minnesota North Stars at the NHL Draft in Montreal. Less than a month later, on July 8, Allison Micheletti, the daughter of former NHL defenseman Joe Micheletti, celebrated her first birthday.
This is important because now Modano and Micheletti are married.
According to the Sporting News, the couple were married Sunday at the Hotel Joule in Dallas and are honeymooning in St. Bart’s. And by all accounts, Micheletti, a 26-year-old professional golfer and former Big Break contestant, and the 43-year-old Modano, the highest-scoring American-born player in NHL history, are having a nice time:
According to the Dallas Morning News, Modano's former teammates Brenden Morrow, Darryl Sydor, Marty Turco and Brett Hull were at the wedding, as was Mark Cuban.
Before finding each other, Micheletti was romantically linked to 28-year-old PGA Tour pro Martin Kaymer, who won the 2010 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits. Modano was married to singer Willa Ford for five years before the couple split last August.
Micheletti’s father, Joe, is now a color analyst for the New York Rangers.