FOX Sports Exclusive
The Daily Buzz: Tuesday, June 18
Marian Hossa sat out and the Chicago Blackhawks lost control of their Stanley Cup Finals series against the Boston Bruins, Monday night, but that wasn’t the only news in the world of sports.
On the hardwood, the Miami Heat remain confident despite trailing the San Antonio Spurs 3-2 in the NBA Finals, while the Clippers and Celtics have reportedly discussed a mega-trade that would send Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers to L.A.
As for the rest of the news, here’s some of what you may have missed from Monday:
• You've got to hand it to this Bruins fan for his rally towel suit.
• Since fans can't bring their own bags into the stadium anymore, the Eagles are sending fans free bags that can be used at games.
• Rule of thumb when riding an ATV on the job — make sure the thing is gassed up:
• Walter McCarty’s 1996 NCAA basketball championship rings from the University of Kentucky are for sale, but they're not supposed to be.
• Whose bikini-clad Taylor Swift lip synch was better? The Saints' cheerleaders or the Dolphins'?
• Kliff Kingsbury got a pretty cool painting for his office:
Just got my "Suns up, Guns up" painting finished for my office!! Incredible work by my friend Dave Grizzle. pic.twitter.com/beUyq8P75f— Kliff Kingsbury (@TTUKingsbury) June 17, 2013
• Could there be more London games in the Vikings' future?
• Did Sidney Crosby open the door for other small-town hockey stars?
• I can’t stop watching this brutal rugby hit:
• Here’s Bryce Harper and his brother (and his brother’s awesome mustache) on helium:
• Check out these travel tips from a few MLB stars.
• Blackhawks forward Ben Smith ate lunch with his mom Monday in Boston. A few hours later, he was in the Chicago lineup in place of Marian Hossa.
• Lolo Jones made about $800 for seven months of bobsledding:
I'm going to be short on my rent this month... https://t.co/dae79siq03— Lolo Jones (@lolojones) June 17, 2013
• South Carolina’s first Class of 2015 commit on why he chose the Gamecocks: “The academic part, it’s like you have to try to fail."
• Hey, kid, you already got the foul ball. So watch the elbows:
• Scottie Pippen sticks up for Derrick Rose.
• Kerry Rhodes is reportedly claiming that Kim Kardashian's baby could be his.
• A guy hit a 75-foot shot and reportedly won free ice cream for everyone at a Murray State basketball camp:
More Stories From Sam Gardner