Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Wednesday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
– CLEVELAND – LeBron James and the Cavaliers, who dropped two straight games in Toronto, return home to play the Raptors in Game 5 of the all-even Eastern Conference finals. UPCOMING: 750 words, photos. Starts 8:30 p.m.
– BEIJING – A proposal to let pro fighters compete in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics is ''ridiculous'' and ''foolish,'' former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson said. SENT: 350 words.
Article continues below ...
– INDIANAPOLIS – The Indianapolis 500 has survived two world wars, the decline of the local auto industry, a bitter split in open-wheel racing and more tragedy than anyone would care to remember. How did this event in late May in America's heartland become the Greatest Spectacle in Racing? UPCOMING: 850 words, photos by 5 p.m.
– PARIS – Defending champion Stan Wawrinka moves into the third round of the French Open, while Andy Murray is on the court again in another long match. Later, Americans John Isner and Jack Sock try to get to the third round, too. SENT: 350 words, photos. DEVELOPING. With French-Open-The Latest updates throughout play.
– SAN JOSE, Calif. – The Sharks look to clinch their first trip to the Stanley Cup final when they take a 3-2 lead into Game 6 of their playoff series against the Blues. UPCOMING: 750 words, photos. Starts 9 p.m.
– OAKLAND, Calif. – After a record 73 wins in the regular season, the Warriors are on the brink of elimination by the Thunder heading into Thursday's Game 5 of the Western Conference finals. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos by 7 p.m.
– The NBA's extended deadline for declaring for the NBA draft is Wednesday. The decisions of some star college players whether or not to go pro should have a major impact on college basketball next season. UPCOMING. 600 words by 7 p.m.
– PITTSBURGH – The Lightning have done this before. The Penguins haven't done it for a while. The teams meet in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals on Thursday with a berth in the Stanley Cup Final on the line. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos.
– ST. LOUIS – Jake Arrieta (8-0, 1.29 ERA) tries to win his 20th straight regular-season decision when the Cubs face the Cardinals. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos. Starts 1:45 p.m.
– BOSTON – Jackie Bradley Jr. looks to extend his hitting streak to 29 games when the Red Sox play the Rockies. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos. Starts 7:10 p.m.
– PARIS – Violent labor protests and strikes causing gasoline shortages won't jeopardize the upcoming European Championship or other sporting events, France's interior minister said Wednesday. SENT: 350 words, photos.
– CHARLOTTE, N.C. – NASCAR Hall of Fame inducts five members. Among those up for consideration is car owner Rick Hendrick. UPCOMING: 600 words, photos. Starts 5 p.m.
– IRVING, Texas – Tony Romo is practicing for the first time since before last year's Thanksgiving loss to Carolina, when he broke his left collarbone for the second time in 2015. UPCOMING: 650 words, photos by 7 p.m.
– FRISCO, Texas – The U.S. national team faces Ecuador in the second of three exhibitions before next month's Copa America. UPCOMING: 650 words, photos. Starts 8:30 p.m.