FOX Sports Exclusive
CLUTCH FACTOR: Time to make a move
Share This Story
Only the top 25 scorers in the NHL are eligible (ties for 25th was broken by number of goals)
Rank players by total points (categories kept by STATS Inc.) in:
- Third period: The game is often in the balance.
- Overtime: Goes without saying, a goal means a win.
- Scoring when tied: One-goal lead in today's NHL is huge.
- Last five minutes of a period: The ice is bad, players are tired.
- Road games: Who can quiet the crowd. If players have the same number of points in one area, players are ranked by goals within that category. First place earns 25 points, second 24 and so on. Statistics through games of March 16.
|Clutch factor: The Top 10|
|Overall rank||Last week||Player||3rd period points||OT points||Points when game is tied||Points in Last 5 minutes||Road points||TOTAL score|
|Comment: On track for first 100-point season.|
|Comment: Will he do as well with Sakic as his centerman?|
|Comment: Keeping pace, tied for fifth overall in points race.|
|Comment: Half his teammates are gone but Ziggy keeps on going.|
|Comment: He's second in scoring overall, just not quite as good when it counts.|
|Comment: Pulled back into contention but must step up third period scoring.|
|Comment: He's got no problem with 17 third-period goals.|
|Comment: NHL's Player of the Week well reflected in upward move.|