FOX Sports Exclusive
CLUTCH FACTOR: Lidstrom leads the defense
Share This Story
Only the top 25 scorers among defensemen in the NHL are eligible (ties for 25th was broken by number of goals)
Rank players by total points (categories kept by STATS Inc.) in:
- Third period: The game is often in the balance.
- Overtime: Goes without saying, a goal means a win.
- Scoring when tied: One-goal lead in today¿s NHL is huge.
- Last five minutes of a period: The ice is bad, players are tired.
- Road games: Who can quiet the crowd.
- Plus-minus: How your team does while you're on the ice. If players have the same number of points in one area, players are ranked by goals within that category. First place earns 25 points, second 24 and so on. Statistics through games of Jan. 26.
|Clutch factor: The Top 10|
|Overall rank||Player||3rd period points||OT points||Points when game is tied||Points in Last 5 minutes||Road points||Plus-minus||TOTAL score|
|Comment: The best until someone can knock him -- and the Wings -- off.|
|Comment: Cleans up on the power play, it helps to have Jagr as a teammate.|
|Comment: Numbers appear to reflect he doesn't miss Pronger taking the pressure off.|
|Comment: Guys named Sergei do well here.|
|Comment: One of the few bright spots in |
|Comment: One of the reasons Belfour is doing so well.|
|Comment: Got a big goal Sunday, has scored 2/3 of his points on the road.|
|Comment: At least one thing is going right in Nashville.|
|Comment: No wonder |
|Comment: Gives |