FOX Sports Exclusive
CLUTCH FACTOR: No ordinary Joe
Share This Story
Only the top 25 scorers in the NHL are eligible (ties for 25th was broken by number of goals)
Rank players by total points (categories kept by STATS Inc.) in:
- Third period: The game is often in the balance.
- Overtime: Goes without saying, a goal means a win.
- Scoring when tied: One-goal lead in today's NHL is huge.
- Last five minutes of a period: The ice is bad, players are tired.
- Road games: Who can quiet the crowd. If players have the same number of points in one area, players are ranked by goals within that category. First place earns 25 points, second 24 and so on. Statistics through games of March 23.
|Clutch factor: The Top 10|
|Overall rank||Last week||Player||3rd period points||OT points||Points when game is tied||Points in Last 5 minutes||Road points||TOTAL score|
|Comment: Five-assist performance -- even against lowly Chicago -- means he's healthy.|
|Comment: But |
|Comment: Took over scoring lead (briefly) with big game in L.A., making a late push here.|
|Comment: With Morrison in the top 25, Bertuzzi, Naslund and Brendan back to being best line in hockey.|
|Comment: Made the leap to stardom this season, must keep it up, and stay healthy, in playoffs.|
|Comment: No coincidence Kovalev has been a dud since trade, he's not playing with Mario anymore.|
|Comment: Think |
|Comment: Hopefully his supporting cast will stay healthy in 2003-04.|
|Comment: Jumps back into the Top 10.|