Von Miller warrant rumors false
The Denver Post is reporting that Susan Schroeder, spokeswoman for the Orange County district attorney, says she made a mistake and there was never an arrest warrant issued for Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller regarding a traffic citation.
The newspaper says that Schroeder told it Wednesday about a warrant for Miller for failure to appear on a traffic citation that was issued in Orange County California in March of 2012. However, Thursday, the Post reported Schroeder said "we make mistakes" and "it doesn't look like a warrant was issued."
Miller’s agent, Joby Branion, also issued the following statement Thursday:
“On March 22nd 2012, in Orange County California, Von Miller was issued a ticket for speeding (less than 15 mph over the 65 mph limit). This was a traffic infraction and not a criminal matter.
"On July 9th, 2012, the speeding ticket and all associated fees were paid in full. On July 12th, 2012, this case was closed.
"No warrant was ever issued for Von’s arrest. The assertions presented last evening that this is an open matter and that a warrant is — or ever was — pending are absolutely false."
Miller is currently serving a six-game suspension for a violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy and was cited earlier this month for speeding and driving with a suspended license,
Miller has 30 sacks in his first two seasons. The No. 2 overall pick out of Texas A&M in the 2011 Draft can return to the Broncos under the current terms of his suspension (which could cost him more than $2 million) before Week 7's game at Indianapolis.