Titans LB McCarthy sidelined for week
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)
Colin McCarthy will miss at least a week after hurting his right hamstring, and coach Mike Munchak says the middle linebacker will not play in Tennessee's preseason opener Thursday against Washington.
TRAINING CAMP INJURIES
- Steelers WR Burress out for season
- Season over for injured Saints duo
- Packers LT Bulaga opts for surgery
- Second Eagles wideout tears ACL
- Chargers WR Alexander tears ACL
- 49ers CB Culliver tears ACL
- Seahawks' Harvin needs surgery
- Eagles WR Maclin tears ACL
- Ravens TE Pitta out for season
- Photos: NFL major injuries
McCarthy practiced with the first-team defense Wednesday for the first time this year, but he was out Thursday and had an MRI exam.
Munchak said Friday that it's frustrating for McCarthy and the Titans and whether the linebacker is out longer than a week remains to be seen.
McCarthy says he thinks the injury resulted from the ankle he had surgery on earlier this offseason. A defensive captain a year ago, McCarthy was limited to only seven games in 2012 by a concussion and injured ankle.
Center Fernando Velasco left practice with an allergic reaction to something he ate.